Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My mistake? Going to the doctor and getting back on the meds after being clean (albeit in agony) almost a year. Sure, they give me relief? But as long as I have them you insist that I share them with you and once again I am out of meds two whole weeks early and tomorrow I'll be sick and in pain again until I can get a refill- at which point, you'll expect me to share with you again.

I love you to death, my husband, but I can't keep doing this. I'm scared to death to be sick again, to try and go to work that way, clammy, in pain, diarrhea and cold-sweats, anxious and angry; but those two weeks of pain free existence were ALMOST worth it.

Still, I can't keep doing it.

I never should have gone back on the meds, I NEVER should have agreed to share them, now?

Now I'm screwed again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's using you when he shouldn't be, and you're in pain when you don't need to be? The mere fact that he cares more about his pleasure than your relief, your physical and mental well-being, is unacceptable. Put your foot down. You should never love someone more than you love yourself, and not only are you not displaying that essential quality, your husband is exploiting it.

Make it stop. Tell him if he can't leave you be then you'll move out, that your health improvement is more important to you than he, since his highs are worth more to him than his care for you.